Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Father's Day 2011

We had a fun Father's Day. We celebrated my daddy, Jerry, Halsy, and Austin. I was especially excited to give Halsy his gift because it was a big surprise and a big effort!

 I sent out emails a month ahead of time asking if family wanted to go in on helping me get an adjusting table for him. So far - he has been adjusting us on the ottoman :) I got so much response and I was thrilled! The Table I was eyeing was at Halsy's school and sold for $350.00. I had enough people that I would only have to spend around $140.00 to get it, so it was still not going to happen. Just before I called the bookstore, a thought came to my head to check craigslist one more time. I ALWAYS check craigslist for tables and they are never there. If they are they are too ancient to be useful or way to expensive. However, just my luck an ad had just been posted by a couple in Sellwood. They graduated from Halsy's school a few years ago and don't use their portable adjusting table any more. They were selling it for $250.00 I worked her down to $225 if I came the next day to get it!! I was so excited!! Over a hundred dollars less than the other one. Now I could afford it!! I raced there the next day and was pleased to see it was in wonderful condition and the couple was very adorable!

I hid it until the big day and then sent him on a scavenger hunt to find it! He LOVED it and we busted it out right there to get the "real thing". It was perfect!


1 comment:

  1. ohhh...that's so sweet! i just got matt a star trek red shirt that says 'expendible' (it's a star trek joke but sounds horrible when you think about it, lol).

    ReplyDelete