Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Traditions

At bedtime we have been having trouble keeping concentration during prayers. We read books on our big bed and then fold our arms together for prayers. I am constantly reminding them to sit up, or stop playing, or to be quiet during the prayer. I was getting very frustrated. One night I was doing bedtime alone and the kids were super hyper-hypos. I decided to try something new - I told them we are going to do prayers a very special way. I asked them to come onto the floor and do what mommy does. I got on my knees, folded my arms, and bowed my head ready for the prayer. To my surprise, they actually DID IT!! I was so excited I couldn't stop smiling. They stayed there through the entire prayer.

I have been doing this for a week or so now and while we aren't perfect, it has greatly improved. Last night I was so tired......I had walked with my sister early that morning, mopped my parents floors, and was super busy all day. I was not in the mood to get off the bed and onto my knees. I announced prayer time and KJ said "Knees!" and jumped form the bed to kneel around Cameron's bed (where we have been doing prayers) It was so cute and melted my heart. Cam and I followed and we said our prayers together.

I am thankful for little people. They have hope when there really shouldn't be any. They are true to themselves despite what others think; and my favorite, they love to choose the right and please their Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment