Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Monday, August 20, 2018

August 10 - Aug 20, 2018 Journal

We found a house to rent!! I started looking when the prices came back into our range and houses started popping up on Zillow again. It is a crazy market - there were 6 people looking at the house and two people turned in applications before I got to the office 3 hours after the showing!! Luckily I knew the receptionist and she shoved my app to the top of the pile.
  We were supposed to move in on the 10th, but when I picked up the keys and looked at the house the friday before.....the entire house smelled like dogs. When they cleaned the carpets it released the smell and it was BAD. Also the cleaning lady didn't do a very good job - she left dust everywhere and things looked/felt gross. I called the property manager and let them know - they talked with the owners and decided that they would replace the carpets for us. The only bad part is that we had to back up our move date 1 week and keep living out of suitcases/sleeping with our beds on the floor another week.
  We survived though and we are all moved in. Its a crazy mess during unpacking but it is getting better each day. Halsy got what Finn had at the family vacation and has been out of commission going on day 4. Poor guy - I couldn't even be mad at him when he couldn't help with moving because I knew he felt so rotten.

I'll post pictures soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment