Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018


Since mom was in California to be with Matt Ashley, the boys, and new baby Janie, I got to take over the head chief position for thanksgiving - whoa. I did the turkey, gravy, Martinellis, and stuffing. We woke up early to get the bird started - arriving at PKM around 9. We jumped in cleaning, prepping, chopping, setting, and decorating. Everything was going well - we actually thought we were ahead of schedule...silly us. Turns out we didn’t know how to read the thermometer and the turkey wasn’t cooked. We pulled it out to carve, along with all the other perfectly timed sides....., and it was raw. It had to go back in for another hour. I lost it - hid in the bathroom and cried - went for a drive and cried - then returned. Everyone was so nice - but I was MAD! All that work - ugh. So we are at 2:30 instead and everything was delicious! 

I nailed my grandpas stuffing! It could have used more sausage, but I bought the store out so it was what it was. 

I did a mayonnaise turkey and it was delicious. I rubbed the outside with herbs and mayonnaise. Then I added onions, celery, and a stick of butter to the cavity and baked it until golden. There was nothing left :) it was soooo good!

Becker’s made potatoes and as you can see - they were delicious. We ate until our tummies were full. We had pies and white chocolate covered marshmallows for dessert :)

My mom left bags for each of the kids! Here is the crew. We played games, watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and watched call of the wild 2 (a movie from our childhood!). It was a great day.

1 comment: