Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Miracle Blessings (aka....pay your tithing)

I have seen many doctors over the past few months and I was calling all of them to find out what I owed, when I was to be billed, and due dates, etc. I called the Chiropractor's office and the office assistant informed me that there had been a mistake on my bill, but that they wanted to look at it and fix it as best they could. The mistake was that when they originally looked up my insurance, the person wrote it down wrong. they had me as a copay patient and were billing my insurance. I should have been a cash-only patient because my insurance only covered a tiny amount of each service. So I had racked up a pretty large bill.

When the lady from the office called, she informed me that the bill was rather large. I replied with "You know what, it was expected, so just send it over and I'll get you guys taken care of".

She said, "Well, Dr. Lovelace wants to take a look at it to see if she can write off some of it for you".

I responded, "That would be awesome, thank you. Anything would be appreciated." She said she'd call me back later that afternoon to let me know.

When she called me back she informed me that Dr. Lovelace wanted to write off the entire bill!! I started to cry "Really? Thats Amazing!" "Is she sure? WHY?" She replied, " Dr. Lovelace felt badly about the mistake and she knew your struggles monetarily, being a student and all, so she wanted to do this for you."

I couldn't stop crying, but I managed a thank you and hung up. Halsy was here and wondering why I was crying, I could barely get the words out to tell him that $950.00 was gone from our worry plate. I was so relieved because I had been stressing for months trying to figure out how we were going to manage all this, but this was a blessing from Heavenly Father.

3 comments:

  1. What a relief! Don't you love when things like that happen? He really is watching over us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such an amazing story! Looks like you need to teach the Valiant Day lesson on tithing, whenever that is. =)
    Very incredible. I'm so happy you were able to have that gift given to you!

    ReplyDelete