Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Monday, August 9, 2010

Katey Jane is 4 months old!!

WOW how time flies - we have a 4 month old little gal! Katey Jane brings me so much joy. She is a happy little thing and such a good baby!

We went to see Dr. Palmer and she passed with flying colors! Her current stats are:
Weight = 13 lbs 10.5 oz
Height = 24 5/8 inches
Head = 16 3/8 inches

50% percentiles across the board!
Funny thing, she and Cameron are almost identical at this age for height and weight!

Katey Jane is a great sleeper. She takes multiple naps during the day (one at least 2 hours long) and about a month ago started sleeping 6-9 hours in a row every night. WOO HOO. She also about a week ago ditched the swaddler and sleep positioner at night time. She looks like a really big girl in her crib all stretched out while she sleeps. She also has started putting herself to sleep. I will put her in her crib if she's sleepy, turn on some music, give her a binky and blanket, and out she goes!
What a blessing she is to me!!

Katey Jane is a talker! She loves to make lots of noise and talk to whoever she can find! She also makes lots of noise while nursing and sleeping. Relief Society is so funny when she falls asleep.....the teachers always look near me wondering what is making the noise. When they discover it is a beautiful little girl - they smile.

She loves to sit in the bumbo and play on the floor with hertoys.

She is figuring out her hands. She has figured out how to grab her own hands and how to suck on them, and she is now working on grabbing things. I love watching her concentrate so hard on a toy.

Katey Jane is very patient - she lets me put her down and go help Cameron or Jackson and usually won't put up a fuss. She is so wonderful that way. The only time she really cries is when she is past-hungry, part-tired, poopy, or in the car.

Katey Jane tries to sit up - if she is on any kind of slant she tried to do a sit up - it won't be too long before she is sitting on her own! She loves her bumbo because she can sit upright! Also, she rolled over from her tummy to her back last week!! What a big girl! 

At 3 months of age she began to cry in the car. I thought I was going to get a peaceful driving baby, but it was not in the cards. She now cries whenever the car is in motion. I hate driving anywhere with her. We tried toys, DVD players, singing, driving erratically, and nothing has worked. I am counting down the days until we can turn her car seat around. That is the only thing that helped Cameron. 

Katey Jane loves her binky. Which I love too. :)

Katey Jane is a beautiful baby - everywhere we go I get stopped and complimented on her beauty! One lady told me she was "Stunning, absolutely stunning" and then she saw Cameron and told me I should have more babies to beautify the world. Haha, I laughed because that is what I have been telling Halsy all along :)

I have so much fun shopping for her, dressing her, and loving her. I am in heaven with all the girlie ribbins, bows, ruffles, and colors.



We Love you Katey Jane Carter!

No comments:

Post a Comment