Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cameron's First Big Ouch!

I was Christmas shopping on the computer and Cameron was climbing on the wood bench next to the computer counter to come and color a picture. Thats when it all happened  DUN Dun dun.

He slipped and went face first into the counter - right on the edge - and split his cheekbone open rightunder his left eye. Blood everywhere. As soon as I looked at it I knew we were in for a long night at the ER. My dad called my sister and bro in law to come over and watch the kids for me so we could get outta there. Luckily Cameron's doctor was still at the clinic and he said he would wait for us and do the stitches himself! I was so grateful and excited that we wouldn't have to go sit in the ER for hours and have some ER doctor that Cameron doesn't know. We sped to Lake Oswego and went right in. Cameron was such a good boy - he let Dr. Palmer look at it as long as he could get some french fries on the way home and a special treat at the store.

They put a topical numbing cream on first, then shot him with numbing stuff (HORRIBLE) he could feel the numbing shots and I had to hold him down with two other nurses. At least I got to hold him though and not use that stupid pappoose thing. The first stitch was difficult because he wasn't completely numb and he kept moving......but the last two were better. I could tell it didn't hurt anymore, but he was telling me that he didn't want me to hold him down anymore and that he wanted to go get in the car. Talk about melt my hear and get some waterworks going. On the last stich he agreed that if I let him go and that he could hold my ear thats he would hold still, and he did! AFter the stiches he sat up and we cleaned him up, but we noticed that the very first stitch was loose - probably because that was the most difficult one. So we had to do it again!! Luckily, Cameron had calmed down a lot since it didn't hurt and he let me hold him while they did the last stitch. He wanted to be able to see me and hold my ear and then he was fine.

Dr. Palmer couldn't believe how well he did, especially for a 2 yr old. By the end, he even gave Dr. Palmer a hug and we said goodbye and thank you to the nurses on our way out the door. We have to go back Monday to get them removed.

Then we headed to McDonalds for some french fries and then to the store! While at the store I let him pick something out - he wanted a slinky. He was such a trooper and so far you can't tell that he was traumatized at all - we except for the fact that he slept the entire night through (which I don't mind at all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment