Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Long Overdue

What's up with the Carters?

Halsy: 29

  Halsy is on his 2 week break from school. He is enjoying sleep, hanging out, playing with the kids, and hanging out with me of course. I love it because I have a helper around almost 24/7 - kids, cleaning, cooking, etc. You name it and Halsy is there to help me - I love him for that! He just turned 29 on September 10th. He has 1 year and 3 months left until graduation and we couldn't be more excited!! He is excited to start working in the clinic and change his title of student to Intern.

Brooke: 26

I am just about the same - working cleaning houses (although I cut back to only one client and it is so nice to only work one day a week!!), and being a mommy to my kiddos! I am loving my friends and am grateful for their love and support! I am really enjoying my calling - we just started meeting again now that school has started and I just love my little 8 yr old terrors :) (I am the Valiant Day Activity Leader). I am madly in love with my kids and can't seem to stop kissing or pinching them. I am diggin' the fact that fall time TV started!! WOO HOO Modern Family, Survivor, Raising Hope, GLEE, Dancing with the Stars, and so much more!

Cameron: 3 1/2


Cameron started preschool and he loves it!! He is so excited to go and ask days in advance if it is time to go yet. He is a great big brother and takes really good care of her. He loves to help her go places, find things, bring her what she wants, etc. He helps me all the time! He is one smart little guy and his brain is always working on something. He says very thoughtful things out of the blue - we love it. He is completely potty trained except for at naps or bedtime - YAY. He can get himself dressed from head to toe. He loves to do artwork! He loves to draw, paint, cut, glue, etc. He really enjoys reading and even reads to Katey Jane sometimes. He has energy like no one I know - that kids just goes and goes and goes.......it makes me tired watching him. When we take the Mule (fast golf cart) to Megan's house, he runs along side me the entire way!! He loves to run and be active - and he has excellent balance. He runs like a pro, he can throw, catch, kick, and roll. Its really fun to watch him. I just love my little man - he treats me so well and takes good care of me.

Favorite Movie: Toy Story
Favorite Color: Yellow
Favorite Breakfast: John's Favorite Cereal (cinnamon toast crunch)
Favorite Game: Frog Game (on daddy's ipad)
Favorite Toy: Buzz Lightyear
Where would you go on vacation: The Beach
What does Daddy do: Hugs Me
What does Mommy do: just give me kisses
What does Katey Jane do: play with me


Katey Jane: 18 months


Oh Miss KJ - she is growing up so fast! She looks like a big girl - so tall and pretty - her chubby baby body is fading away. She is so sweet and gives the best cuddles and kisses. She makes very distinct noises - screeches more like - when she wants something or upset and she will never give up! She is extremely persistent and stubborn....hrm, wonder if that is genetic? She loves to laugh - and has a very manly belly laugh. She has awesome top front teeth - just like spongebob. I love to get her dressed and the best part is that she lets me! She is pulling off her headbands now - which is so sad, so we have to switch to a little pony tail on top of her head. She hates it when I do it, but leaves it in! She LOVES to read - I think she would read all day if she could. She gets so excited when she sees a book that she shakes! She is a good eater and is trying to feed herself - which of course means a huge mess for me to clean. She loves to be outside and she loves to ride the Mule. She still has her binky and loves her blanket. Great sleeper - except the last couple nights :( She can say Ball and Hi. She signs: I LOVE YOU, NIGHT NIGHT, FOOD, DRINK, PLEASE, & MORE. She is obsessed with coats - she brings me her big winter coat multiple times a day to put it on and wear it around the house. I have to take it off her when she starts getting sweaty - and she still resists taking it off. She says hi and by to everything. Word are popping out of her little mouth daily - she said John's name the other day and she is now babbling a ton!! I love it because that means that talking is not far behind. Did I mention that she is the cutest baby I have ever seen? Just in case I forgot to mention....she is.

We are all happy, healthy, and smiling!

1 comment:

  1. loved reading about everyone in your cute family! you sure are an awesome mom brooke!!!

    ReplyDelete