Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kids Update

Cameron:
He is loving preschool and is learning so much!! I love asking about what he learned that day because I get story after story. Also through the week as his brain remembers, we get to learn even more!! He really likes his primary teachers at church and he is so much better in Singing time/sharing Time. When he was a Sunbeam, he couldn't leave me alone (I am the Chorister)!! Now that he is a big boy and sits on the second row - I get a wave and a "Hi Mommy" and then he hangs out for the rest of the time. It is so lovely. He is really into drawing lately and is getting pretty good at it. His drawings are looking more and more realistic so we can actually tell what he is drawing without any clues! He loves to make pictures for other people or for wall art. He also writes notes. He asks me to spell these major long sentences and he rocks at it! I tell him "finger space" "next line" and "period" to space the sentence and he knows how to do it all! I love watching him work on his writing. How he holds his pencil, the concentration on his face, and how proud he is when its done. He is starting to like boy things like Power Rangers, Spiderman, etc. It is so cute to watch him grow up. He is still my most helpful little guy! He can find anything anywhere. I am so grateful for my Cameron boy!

Katey Jane:
KJ is getting older and smarter and sassier every day! She loves girly things as always and she is such a good big sister to Landon. I call her my "Baby Alarm". If Landon is crying she yells through the house until I come to help. She loves to read books. She would sit on my lap and read book after book until we both fell asleep. She loves coloring and drawing. She can already draw a face and people - and you can actually tell what it is!! She loves to go to preschool with Cameron (I teach as part of a co-op and so she participated when it was at our house) she can't do everything the older kids can, but she sure tries! She is so sweet and cuddly. KJ is intoxicating - her eyes, her skin, her hair, and her little nose. We can't get enough of her. Getting her dressed is still a highlight of my day. She is talking with longer sentences and is using such big girl words. I LOVE it. The other day she came to me and said "Mommy, I have a problem. come here, I show you" I died. She is just so articulate for such a small little thing. We love our Katey Jane.

Landon:
Landon is just so much fun! He is so happy and sweet. He give the best kisses - especially to his momma! He sleeps really well and is getting bigger every day. He is already wearing 12 month pajamas! He is starting to watch me as I eat - following each bite of food as I bring it towards my mouth. He will be eating some foods pretty soon :) and grabbing my plate at the dinner table! He is working hard on grabbing toys and rolling over. He really hates to lay down and much prefers standing or sitting - especially in his bumbo. He loves to laugh and is just so wonderful. He loves his baths and he loves to be talked to. He doesn't care too much for singing (which is odd for me - the other 2 loved singing). He is so loved by his big brother, sister, cousins, aunties, etc and he takes it all in stride. He is just chill - so lovely. Landon is also a champion eater! He takes breast milk and he takes formula from a bottle because I don't have enough for this little big guy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Brooke-I loved reading about your kiddos! They are so stinkin cute it's not even fair. Can I have them to keep?! Totally impressed with Cam and his writing (way to go bud), KJ and her drawing (super impressed) and that pic of her, I could die!, and Mr. Lando....what a babe! I'm pretty sure I need a girls night....it's been too long!!!

    ReplyDelete