Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Fun Things

Here are some things we've been enjoying/doing lately:

Claire....duh. She is repeating things back to us and its so fun to have a little parrot. She says: Mom, Dad, Grampa, Uh-Oh and she repeats sounds back (singing style). She is so fast at crawling and standing....walking isn't far away. She puts everything in her mouth and man is she fast. She sees you coming to stop her and she pops it in at lightening speed before you can get it. Then she tries to keep you out of her mouth - she even grabbed halsy's finger and bit him the other day to protest the removal of a foreign object from her chubby cheeks.

"The Greatest Showman" this musical came into theaters before Christmas and we're obsessed. Halsy and I went to see it and then we took the kids back to see it a couple days later. They really love it too. We have been listening to the soundtrack non-stop since then and we LOVE it.

Today is "not back to school day" for us and I'm going to take the kids to play and out to lunch. I just love homeschool - it gives me such freedom and a sense of control over the world that is constantly at war with itself. I hope we get to do it for a long time.

We let the kids stay up until midnight for the first time on New Years Eve and they all Made it (Claire included)!! Cameron was the only grump the next day due to lack of sleep - which I call a success. We spent the following day out to breakfast at Biscuits with Katelyn and David then taking Christmas down at the house.....which took 4.5 hours YIKES - it was my fault because IU suggested that we go through boxes and trash stuff we've not used in YEARS.....well that doubled our workload and wasn't very successful. I think we trashed maybe 15 items, there might be some hoarding tendencies in our DNA somewhere. Then we all took naps/rested before eating the crap out of some Frank's noodle House goodies. We put the kids to bed early and chilled out.

Christmas was a total blast! The kids all got something that they had been wanting and are enjoying their spoils. We went a little bigger this Christmas because we were never able to do it before....but I think we will go back down next year. The kids got a little overwhelmed toward the end and I like that. Halsy made me a beautiful quilt that I love and now rests on our bed. I got him a book of interesting facts and useless knowledge - he loved it. Landon got a Power Wheel, Cam got a BB gun, and KJ got a Fingerling.


No comments:

Post a Comment