Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Katey Jane Carter

How baby girl got her name:

Katey Jane Carter

I always wanted to name my daughter after my mother. I had always thought of it as a middle name and my hubby and I would get to choose a first together. As this pregnancy went on and more and more names were looked at, I thought "If this is my only daughter, what would I want her name to be?" A Family Name. I decided to nameher after my dear Aunt Jane also - and Katey Jane was born! As soon as I wrote the name I knew that was my girl's name! Unfortunately......Halsy didn't like it. I tried everything I could think of to get him to see that it was the most beaufitul name EVER, but to no avail. I offered to grown out my hair and keep it long for a couple years (something he has been begging me to do forever), I tried to think of nicknames he could call her, I even made a list of others names that I sort of liked and convince myself that that was the fate of our daughter, but my gut was never quiet - Katey Jane......Katey Jane.......We went back and forth so much about it we had to stop talking about it because we weren't getting anywhere.....

So at work Friday I decided to write down ALL of my reasons for loving the name and send them to him in an email in a last ditch efort to get him to go for Katey Jane. The email looked like this:

Why I LOVE the name Katey Jane Carter:

1. It is very sentimental to me to be able to name my daughter after my mother who I love dearly and my favorite Aunt.
2. It is really cute when you say it together, apart, as initials, anyway you say it, it is beautiful.
3. I can sing to her “K K K Katey, beautiful Katey, you’re the only girl that I adore…..”
4. I love the tradition of the family name: Kate, Katelyn, Katie.
5. I am in love with it. It was not something that I would have chosen before, but once I heard it I was in love.
6. I love to write it, of all the names we have thought of, this is the prettiest to write on paper.
7. Every single person that I have asked their opinion - LOVES IT! Family and non-family alike.
8. If I only get one little girl....I would be in heaven to name her something that I LOVE!!

How about, if you let me have Katey Jane - you can pick the next little girl's or boy's name?!?!?!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE choose Katey Jane Carter!!!

Love, Brooke

I sent the email out to the universe and hoped he would check his email soon! I waited all day and the subject was not broached. I was bummed. After Cameron was put in bed, Halsy handed me a gift wrapped in pink......LOVE IT! I opened the gift and it was my email - but he had added at the bottom:

If it means that much to you, Katey Jane it is!


I WAS SO EXCITED!!! I gave him the biggest hug and biggest kiss and couldn't stop smiling! I have a beautiful baby girl on the way and she has the most beautiful name!!

4 comments:

  1. Yea!!! I could see you crying too! It really is such a cute name! And you don't have to grow your hair out. It's like Halsey just missed a good sale and now he's paying full price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Halsey! I'm glad you got the name you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halsy is so dang sweet! That is so darn cute that he wrapped your email up as his pink gift to you. I freaking love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww.... what a darling husband you have. and a DARLING name for your baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete