Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Grandpa DeLong

Our ward had Stake Conference on Sunday and I ended up in the back of the chapel at the end during the last talk and closing song because Katey was having a hard time. While singing the last hymn - Come Follow Me, I was remembering how much my Grandpa loved the hymns and singing. I used to go and play the piano for him while he sat in his chair and he would sing out all the words to every song. He suffered from Altzheimers and Dementia for the last 15 years of his life and passed away almost a year ago exactly. While singing the last verse - I swore that I heard my Grandpa singing. His voice was clear as a bell. I started looking around to see who could be singing that sounded like him, but as soon as it was there it was gone. I had tears in my eyes as I sang the last verse, but was thankful for the memory of my adorable Grandpa DeLong. I Love you Grandpa.

1 comment: