Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Puke Fest 2010

We had a predicament at the Morin Compound - mom and dad had tickets to go see Cirque de Soleil but it happened to be on a wednesday night, the night my mother does the most driving/shuttling of kids. Of course no one was home or willing to help, so the duty was passed to myself, Jackson, Cameron, and Katey. We piled into the big gray van and off we went with John in tow as well. We went to get Subway for Katelyn and John to eat before YM/YW and then to get Katelyn at Volleyball practice. After that we drove both kids to the church for YM/YW at 7pm. The boys were asking for french fries - and who am I to refuse? So we headed to McDonalds. After passing out the food to both boys in the back of the van we headed home. I turned onto 198th from TV Hwy and happened to check my rearview mirror in time to notice Cameron choking - like scary for-real-life choking! I started to yell "Are you breathing?" "Cameron are you choking??" I immediately pulled over and started to climb in the back to do whatever I could to help him, but than he started puking and after establishing that he was breathing I figured I should get out of the road. I drove ahead and pulled into the Intel parking lot. I went back to see the damage.
   Not only had Cameorn threw up his fries, but his entire dinner from 2 hours before. He was covered in puke. All I could do was laugh and bust out the wipes to start cleaning. Jackson piped up and said "Brooke, I am gonna puke too (while gagging)" I asked him to please please please not puke, luckily he obliged. I put all the throw up into the mcdonalds bag on the seat and had to strip Cameron down to his diaper and use one of Katey's blankets to line the car seat. Cameron was laughing at me as I grumbled while cleaning, which started Jackson laughing, and then I couldn't help but join in!!
  After cleaning I picked up the mcDonalds bag to throw it away and the puke had eaten through the bottom and it fell out all over the floor of the van!! ARGH! Finally after cleaning the carpet (silently cursing my son) I was able to drive the boys home.


I don't ever want to do that again. Ewww.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha....what a mess. glad you were able to have a good chuckle though! :)

    ReplyDelete