Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Interesting Mommy Day

Tha AC has been broken in the Xterra for a while now and since I have taken over driving it there hasn't been a need since it has been so cold. However, with the sun peeking out more and more and with a new baby in the car I thought it important to get that fixed.We took it to Meineke and got a quote of $260.00 OUCH and had it scheduled for last Saturday.
   On friday, my dad reminded me of a family friend that fixes cars and had actually fixed one of my cars in the past. If I could get the part he would definately charge me less labor that Meineke. I called Ricardo and he said he knew how to fix our problem and that he could do it on Monday. I was so excited. Halsy called around to auto part stores and found the part we needed at Autozone - although it needed to be ordered. The part was to be delivered Sunday or Monday. I was really hoping we could just go and get it on Sunday after church (no worries we pre-paid :) because we would already be in town, but the part hadn't arrived yet.
   So Monday morning I called and it was there. Also, when I asked about the pre-pay they said their records didn't show a payment - I told them I would bring my bank statement to prove payment. Of course, gung ho me, I packed Katey and Cameron into the car and headed to Autozone. As we pulled up Katey was screaming and Cameron had crumbled his bread all over him and the car seat. As I pulled Katey out of her car seat to burp her, she pooped her pants!! I then got Cameron out of his seat and told him to leave his bottle in the car, however after a fit in the parking lot I gave in and let him bring in the bottle - what does it matter really I figured??  We got in there and they couldn't find the part or the debit card payment in their system. Here I am with two little kids waiting in a very non-child proof store for 20 minutes while the retards finally found my transaction and the part. We got back into the car and headed to our next destination.
  We got to the hospital to deliver a thank you to the nurses that took such good care of me. We went up to the third floor to say hello, then hung out in the waiting room while I changed Katey's diaper and nursed her. Luckily Cameron didn't destroy anything as he was climbing on chairs and tables because he knew I couldn't get up. We headed back to the car and as I went to put Cameron in his seat he told me he was poopy. ARGH - changed him, folded the stroller, and on we went. We went to the office to drop of the Xterra and do a little work for Dad. AFter getting back home I got a call from Ricardo saying that Autozone gave us the wrong part. WHAT!?!?! I just spent a stressful day in the car with two kids for the WRONG PART. I almost called them right then and there to yell and berate their intelligence, but I knew I would probably sound insane.
   Luckily, my uncle was able to find the right part at another store for $20 cheaper and they had it next day. So I am now getting ready to go into town and get my new AC working vehicle.
   Another bonus to the story - when I told Ricardo how much I wanted to pay him, he absolutely refused and only upon great insistance did he let me pay with cookies!! Thank you Ricardo - a student's life is always in need of some extra cash!

1 comment:

  1. It is stories like this that make me think twice about having another kid. You are strong.

    ReplyDelete