Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Beautiful Baby Girl - Weeks 1 & 2

   After such a wonderful birth experience, Katey continued to be so. She is such a wonderful baby!! She hardly cries, she nurses well (no nipple shield), she sleeps well, and SHE DOESN'T PUKE!!! I am loving all the pink, purple, and ruffles. I have to change her clothes at least 2 times every day to be sure she gets to wear all her cute things!
   I had a rough 1st week at home. I had the baby blues pretty bad, worse than with Cameron. Also, with my extensive stitch job I was in a lot of discomfort and was not enjoying life. I went back in to see my OB and they gave me some medicine to help with my hormones and emotions. Luckily, my depression faded in a few days and I at least "felt" better. However, my body wasn't doing so well. I think I tried to do too much during week one that I didn't let my body heal as it should. AFter going back to the doctor again to make sure everything was healing correctly, I was given more meds and under strict instruction to sit/lay down more often. I took that advice very seriously and within a few days my body started to feel much better.
   I am now 2 weeks post delivery and feeling great! My body is almost healed and my emotions are as they once were.

2 comments:

  1. yes! i knew she wouldn't be a puker! yahooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! Glad to hear you're feeling better! I'm SO GLAD she's an easy baby for you! Maybe Cameron will be your only puker?! =)

    ReplyDelete