Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cameron's First Experience with a Mascot

   We went out to dinner with Halsy's family at Home Town Buffet. I didn't know it, but apparently they have a mascot. A Big Bumble Bee. Now, Cameron likes bees - all summer long he tries to pick them up and give them kisses - so we thought he might like the bee. How wrong we were.

   The Bee came close to our table with a handful of balloons and Cameron was okay at first, but as the Bee came closer and closer a look of panic took over Cameron's little face. He leaned as far away as possible and no matter how much we looked like we enjoyed the Bee, Cameron was not having it. He started to poke his lower lip out and cry. I felt so bad!  Luckily the Bee caught on and moved to another table of kids.

    The rest of dinner Cameron couldn't eat unless that Bee was no where to be seen for at least a few minutes. He would watch the Bee like a hawk and actually called out to him, but if it came close at all the tears would come out. If the Bee went out of sight he would say "Bee?" and I replied "He's is taking a break buddy". "Okay Mommy". He was then able to eat some of his dinner until that Bee was spotted. Then we started over again. He would watch and then after he disappeared for a while he would ask if the Bee was on a break before continuing to eat.

    That stinkin' Bee didn't get it. He kept coming by the table and waving to Cameron - I was about to strangle a mascot! I got Cameron to say "No thank you Bee" and finally after 3 fly-bys he got the picture and left our area alone.

    I really wish I had taken a picture of the Bee for you all to see, but my camera was left in my purse at home. So just picture and red and yellow 5 ft tall bee holding balloons coming toward you slowly - I could definitely see how that would freak out a 2 yr old.

No comments:

Post a Comment