Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Friday, January 27, 2012

So many things

Big News: I am pregnant! Halsy and I decided it was time for a new little Carter kid running around and before we knew it I was pregnant. I knew I was pregnant because I was forgetting everything and was such a spaz! I lost my wedding ring, and many other things in a one week period. I took 7 pregnancy tests and got all NO's. This had to be wrong because I was not myself. Finally 3 days before Christmas I got my YES. We were excited and I was relieved to know that I was not truly going crazy.

I had been feeling well until week 6 and then I got really sick, felt funky, felt pukey, and REALLY tired. It just started to get a little better last week, hopefully it keeps going that way.

I had a bit of a scare this week - last week I was bleeding and when I went in for my doctor appointment my doctor said he wanted to do a blood test to make sure my HCG levels were normal and growing. I took one on Friday and then another on Monday. The numbers should have been high and they should have doubled between them. We got the numbers back and they had not doubled, they went down. My doctor was concerned - it could be one of two things. Either I was farther along than I thought OR I was headed for miscarriage. He was leaning toward miscarriage because of when my last period was and when my IUD came out.....anyway. I was very sad all day. He scheduled an ultrasound for the very next day. I couldn't sleep all night. I kept having dreams that I miscarried in my sleep, or I woke up to go to the bathroom and then miscarried in the toilet. I was WIDE awake from 1:30 to 5:30 am. My mind couldn't rest, it was horrible. I just needed to know.

I got to the appointment and waited holding my breath to see that little peanut. Luckily the ultrasound tech was super adorable and checked heart rate and health of baby first thing - he/she is PERFECT. I am further pregnant that I thought. I am 10 weeks 3 days instead of 8 weeks. Heartbeat is strong, uterus and placenta are perfect, it was moving and kicking, EVERYTHING is as it should be.  I was so relieved. I called Halsy and then my family and we all exhaled.

So today I am a little grateful for my sickies because it means there is a happy healthy baby in there. Due Mid August!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for August babies! :) I'm soooo glad you're both healthy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay that it all worked out and that you're further along than you thought! :)

    ReplyDelete