Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Friday, August 10, 2012

Pregnancy Update (38 Weeks)

     Went to the doctor yesterday and I am 3.5 cm dilated and 70% effaced! WOO HOO!! He also stripped my membranes to hopefully start my body moving on this labor thing. It wasn't painful at all, I was grateful for that.
     Landon man is happy and healthy in my tummy. He still moves all the time, which is super uncomfortable, yet comforting. I like knowing he is okay. We have our induction scheduled in 4 days!! I am so excited!!! I am counting down the insulin needles, prenatal vitamins, etc. I only have to do this or that for 4 more days!!! I can't wait to be a normal human again without timing my meals and testing my blood sugars.
     My body feels great, the only complaint is being uncomfortable. I have had many contractions, but nothing heading to labor. They have not gotten more painful than crappy period cramps, but they were regular for a couple hours. I am just so DANG EXCITED to meet this little guy!
     I have been getting a lot of anxiety about food. I have been excited for so long to eat whatever I want, but lately it has changed to fear. I am afraid of food. I am very worried that I will put sugar back into my mouth and it will be all over. When I say sugar, I am not just talking about candy and sweets, I mean white bread, pasta, chips, etc. Foods that most people eat without thinking, foods that I have really had to give thought and even completely cut out of my diet. I have become super aware of where sugar/carbs are and have become very adept at avoiding them or creating alternatives. My goal is to continue eating as I have, but add in fruits (I have really missed fruit) and the occasional treat. I learned that I have a whole lot of self control. I now have to learn to keep it when it is not being forced upon me. I am very nervous about all of it.

  I am excited, nervous, anxious, happy, and very impatient about this birth experience.


Hospital bag packed........check
Cam/KJ bag packed........check
House clean........check
Laundry to zero........a work in progress :)

Its now a waiting game.

4 comments:

  1. You can do it Brooke! How exciting! As much as I don't enjoy being pregnant, I do miss the excited feeling of knowing you are going to meet your little baby for the first time. All the anticipations!!!! Kiss that baby for me. He will need lots of kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woot woot! you're so close!!! super excited to hold this sweet little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laundry can never be at zero, I learned to give that up when Tulia was born, rather than continue to be frustrated that no matter how on top of the laundry I was in preparation for her coming, I would always miss something! You are so close!! I'm super excited to meet your new little man!

    ReplyDelete