Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Sunday, March 30, 2014

I am grateful for my testimony

My cousin died yesterday.

  Justin had been addicted to heroin, among other things, for many years. He was 27 years old and because of his childhood and addictions had never experienced a happy peaceful existence. He had been to jail multiple times and each time relapsed and returned. 

  The most recent time, my parents offered him a place to stay in our home. Justin lived with us for 2 1/2 months and we watched him transform into an amazing human being. We discovered his kindhearted nature, his humor, and his passion for life. My children adored him, especially Landon, and enjoyed having him around. He held a job, made good friends, and was working toward his goal of getting his drivers license. 

  3 weeks ago he and I both moved out of my parents home. He found a great friend and roommate that was a positive influence and we were all hopeful and excited for his future. He came to our Sunday dinner and we all saw him at different times during the week, some of us the same day that he passed away.

  Our beautiful Justin succumbed to addiction and died of an overdose in his home some time Friday night. We all feel like we could have done more and wish we'd have known or seen what was to come.

  I am so grateful for my knowledge of the plan of salvation. I know Justin is happy and that he is finally free from his mortal stress. I know that I will get to see him again and tell him I love him. I know he will be given the chance to fix his choices that were made on earth and that Heavenly Father is there with him.

  I love you Justin and I'm sorry that I was unable to help you and know your grief and pain. I will see you again. 



  We miss you, Landon the most. We think you are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment