Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Saturday, July 8, 2017

The Last of the Carters - Claire Louise

I have never had false alarms with my labors - but Claire had given me many, once I actually went to the hospital.  I was so sure that she was going to come early that I did castor oil 3x!! It gave me labor pains, but by morning they were always gone. My body was tired, done, and I was sick of eating like a diabetic - so when they said I could be induced I almost did a back flip.

We closed down the office on valentines day to go have Miss Claire. I was induced a week early because I had gestational diabetes and that meant we got to pick the date ourselves!! I wasn't super stoked about a Valentines birthday, but it was the best chance we had of having my OB deliver her. So February 14th it was! 


I woke up at 5am and called the hospital - they gave us the green light and off we went. Mom and Dad stayed home with the kiddos while Halsy and I drove in, got hooked up, etc. they broke my water early thinking that I would have a fast labor for my 4th....but not to be.
 Mom took the kiddos to Kendra's house and the room started to fill with some of my favorite people! We played games, talked, and hung out together waiting to meet Claire! 


It took all day! Slow progression was the name of the game.....family and friends made it ok. 

I had a wonderful nurse who dumped her other patients to spend the day with me! She made me feel powerful, special, and happy. 

Labor lasted longer than everyone thought. I got an epidural....which was not my favorite. He had to poke me 3 times to find the correct space. It was due to my back surgery :( Luckily he found a good space and was able to get me pain free!! The rest of the day was cake after that....all I had to deal with was impatience.


I FINALLY reached 10 cm an we were ready to push. Claire was ready too because she came out in 2 pushes.....just a couple minutes and she was here. She came out pink and perfect. The nurse placed her upside down on my chest so I couldn't see her very well. When I could finally see her we oogled and admired our new little bundle. We decided she looked like Landon and Katey Jane but with hair. TONS of hair!! 

5:05pm, 8 lbs even and just adorable!


There were 3 people in the room who had never seen a baby be born! I loved sharing this day with them - babies coming into the world is one miracle everyone should witness.

 After delivery, the nurse leaned over to them and said..."It never happens this quickly or goes so well" It made me grateful for my body that was able and my healthy baby girl.


 After her bath and being burrito wrapped it was time to meet her family!! Daddy got the first turn and then brothers and sisters took over.

 They couldn't believe how small and beautiful she was. 

We had lots of visitors and helpers come to see us. 


  I was enjoying every minute with my new little gal. We stayed up way too late, but I didn't care. She was so precious and made me so happy.


 This is always my favorite part - dressing them in clothes and taking them home!! 

Welcome to our family Claire Louise Carter









No comments:

Post a Comment