Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Baby Cameron is Here






Here is our new little man ~ Cameron James ~ we are so in love.






We came to the hospital to be induced at 7:00am. The nurses took all my vitals and put in the IV. They missed twice before finally getting a line in my hand, yuck! We then had the doctor come in and check my cervex to see how my labor was progressing before they started the pitossin drip. They checked me and I was at 3 cm and 80% effaced. They broke my water at 9:00am and then started my pitossin drip to get the contractions going. I contracted normally and at 2:00pm I had felt enough so I asked for the epidural. The doc came in and gave me the shot (not the most fun thing I have ever been through, bot definately worth it) and almost immediately felt no more contractions. YAY! My regular OB had to leave at 5:30 because his shift was over, I was so sad he wouldn't deliver my baby, but the doctor that took over I knew also and was so kind to me. I continued to progress and at 6:30 I was dilated to 8 cm, almost 9cm and 90% effaced. the baby was having a hard time though, his heart rate would drop too low and stay low for too long repeatedly. The doctor and nurses watched the monitors for a long while and had me try to lay in different positions to try and get Cameron to relax in the womb. After about 15 minutes the doc told me that he didn't think Cameron would make it through delivery and that he was in distress. We needed to get him out via C-Section immediately! I was so scared... I said "okay" and the room became chaotic, doctors and nurses in and out, I got a shot to stop labor, they put an oxygen mask on me, had me sign papers for the c-section and sent Halsy to change into scrubs. I was out of the room in less than 3 minutes. I didn't know where Halsy was and I was crying because I still didn't know quite what was going on with the baby...and I didn't want to have a C-Section. They wheeled me into the operating room, prepped me for the operation, let Halsy in, and in 5 minutes we had a purple baby boy.
The umbelical cord was wrapped around his neck and around his shoulder, also he was trying to come out with his face facing the wrong way. Whew, what a relief to mom and dad to see that little thing breathing and turn pink!! We are so thankful for Modern Medicine, out little guy wouldn't have made it through. Mommy and Baby are recovering very well. Brooke is feeling great, she is walking and sitting up and is enjoying the fun visitors. Cameron has figured out nursing and is enjoying the time with mommy. Halsy is amazed at this new little creature that looks just like him!!



2 comments:

  1. Cool Brooke, I'm glad you got a blog going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine how you must have felt knowing your baby was in distress! I, too, am SO thankful for modern medicine. It would be so hard to deliver your baby at home, like many women do, because something like this could happen to them. Thank goodness you were at the hospital!!!

    ReplyDelete