Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Poor Halsy

Hi Friends and Family ~
Thought we share what happened to us today!! We were heading up to the barn on the Mule (4 wheeler meets golfcart) and all the seats were taken, so Halsy jumped on the side. Well Megan gave him a tickle and then I poked him and the driver of the vehicle sped up - all of that combined = Halsy falling and cutting his head open! Yes- you heard me right I pretty much knocked my husband right off the Mule. He was really banged up - blood on his head, elbow, side, and road rash from his shoulder blade to his bum. He was able to stand up, but when we got him into the house he couldn't remember things, how he got there, what we were doing, how he go hurt, why he was bleeding. Really freaked us out - so off to Urgent Care we went. He asked me the same questions over and over and he couldn't do simple math, even slurring his speech a little. I was getting pretty nervous. When we go to Urgent Care they checked him out and sent us to the ER because the cut on his head was worse than we thought. OH JOY! We drove to Tuality and luckily walked right in to the ER. We had a great nurse and doctor - they were so good to us! They cleaned out his cut, gave him a CT Scan, scrubbed his road rash, and if that wasn't bad enough, he had to get a tetanus shot. Poor Guy. He can now remember everything until he stood up from the fall - but still can't remember how he got into the house (the doc said that was normal). He passed the CT scan and needs to stay home for tomorrow. He has 4 staples in his head and a pretty gnarly headache.



I couldn't stop apologizing and felt so bad!! He was a trooper and we made it home before 11pm (the festivities began around 7 :). Now he is sleeping with his friend - Vicadin.

XOXO,
Halsy's Mean Wife

5 comments:

  1. Funniest Flipping story I have ever heard! I will say that I am sooooo glad Halsey is ok, but it was still funny! Brennan got annoyed with me when I told him the story. He thinks I'm sick for laughing. Brennan would have been so mad at me if I had done that to him. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still laughing. That picture is priceless! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear he is going to be okay! We will keep him in our prayers... Take care! By the way, your Family is Beautiful.... Very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and i'm laughing because rachel is. poor guy!!! i'm sure he (and you and megan for that matter) will never live this down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog thanks to FB!!!

    Though that little story is sad and scary it's also REALLY, really FUNNY.

    Poor Halsy!

    ReplyDelete