Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Such a Girl

Last night Halsy had the kids in the bathroom getting ready to brush their teeth. Katey Jane went looking for her toothbrush and when she opened one of the drawers there was a pretend spider sitting inside. She freaked out.....she squealed and ran from the bathroom and hid in the bonus room! "Oh no, Bug!" "Yucky" I came down the stairs to see what made her run and she was so scared she wouldn't let anyone come near her! I got her to let me pick her up and then Halsy came from the bathroom with the bug in his hand. She was still shaking! I told him not to bring it near her - she really hates bugs - but he didn't believe me. He wanted to explain to her that it is not real and show her the bug. I know better, but Halsy seemed adamant that he could do it. He came closer and she said "NOOOO!" and covered her eyes and started shaking some more. So Halsy let up and we hid the bug. We went back to the bathroom to brush teeth and it was so funny because she couldn't start until we opened all the drawers to show her the bug was gone.

The only explanation for her behavior is that she is such a girly girl. I really try to not get squeamish around bugs so I don't give them a fear if they didn't already have one. Cameron is totally cool with bugs. Katey Jane is not. Funny kiddos.

1 comment:

  1. She is so stinking cute! You have to get her fear of bugs on video... I'm dying to see it! What an adorable girly-girl!

    ReplyDelete