Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Monday, December 21, 2009

Bedtime Woes

Cameron started sleeping in his big boy bed a few weeks ago and has been doing well up until last week. He began this habit of crawling into our bed around 4 or 5 in the morning. This would be alright with me if he went back to bed, but he doesn't. It becomes jungle gym time with mommy as the play structure. Pulling on my ears, rolling on top of me, kicking me as he tries to get comfortable, and no personal space unused between us. I have been getting no sleep! So last night, I decided I wasn't going to do it anymore. When he got into our bed at 4:30, I was hopeful that he would just drift back to sleep so I wouldn't have to do what I was planning. But, he didn't, he started the gymnastics. I wanred him, "Cameron, if you dont lie down and go to sleep, mommy is going to put you back in your bed." "NO!", was his definate reply. So he didn't stop and I got out of bed to put him back in his. He flipped out! Crying, screaming, really mad at mommy! I had to put him back three times before he decided to try daddy's side of the bed. (All of this is made more difficult becasue his little bed is only 2 feet from ours, we only have the space to share a bedroom) Halsy had to get up and put him back a few times, then Cameron started going to the door, he did that twice and then asked for a bottle, we gave him a couple ounces and laid him in his bed and this time he stayed!! He cried again for a little while, but stayed in his bed. He then fell asleep with enough time leftover for Halsy and I to go back to bed for a couple hours before we had to get up! WHEW, what a night! Bed training is no fun.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed with you guys! That'd be a hard thing to do! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete