Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Monday, December 21, 2009

The Name Dilemma

Halsy and I were watching Love Actually last night and one of the character's names jumped out at me! Natalie. Then Halsy said he liked it too! So I wrote it down on the list as a potential. I really like the name and I think it is beautiful.....Natalie Kate Carter, however, I don't think it is as beautiful as Katey Jane Carter. Its not the name as much as it is what it means to me. I love that she will be named after my mommy and my aunt, I love that she can be called Kate, Katey, or KJ, all three I really don't mind. I never thought that I would like the name Katey, but I REALLY do. I don't know how to convince Halsy to let me name her that. He is dead set against it! He wants to compromise and do Natalie, because I don't like his favorite....Charlotte. Also, its not that I don't like it, Charlotte is beautiful, it is just not as beautiful as Katey Jane. ARGH. I don't know what to do, we finally have just decided that we will leave the hospital with a no-named baby girl! I am just secretly hoping Halsy gives in and lets me name by daughter a beautiful name!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, deciding on a name together can be extremely hard! Good luck! But hey, we decided our kid won't have a name so if you do end up leaving the hospital with a "no-named" baby, we could hang out....

    ReplyDelete
  2. katey jane really is gorgeous... c'mon halsy!! BUT i love natalie too... natalie carter sounds really quite perfect together...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Having a little girl is so much fun. You and Halsy have a beautiful family. I love your 2009 pictures. Tell everyone I said hi!

    Rachel (Larrabee)

    ReplyDelete