Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas is my favorite holiday

We had such a blast of a Christmas this year!
I was lucky and got most of my shopping done and presents wrapped 2 weeks before Christmas! I was only waiting for 2 presents that were to be delivered on Christmas Eve! YIKES, but they made it and all was well!
We went to the Grotto with my family on Wednesday evening and got to look at the beautiful lights and listen to a concert in a large Catholic church. the music was nice and it was packed to the hilt! I was mostly enjoyable, except that Cameron wouldn't sit in his stroller, he wanted to be carried....ARGH. He screamed and screamed until we pulled him out, and then he made no more fuss. So we all took turns and had fun.
Christmas Eve morning we got up and packed our things and headed to Eugene to be with Halsy's family for Christmas! The drive went fairly quickly and with no issues. Cameron does so much better in the car than he used to. We got to Eugene around 1pm and got unloaded. We hung out with Grandma and Papa and ate lunch. Then we played a fun game called "Nertz" or "Wackee Six", anyways it is a mix of solitaire and speed....very fun! We had the family over for Christmas Eve dinner and Dru (Halsy's mom) made her famous lasagna! We loved it, it was a fun memory to be eating her lasagna. We then played more games until kids bedtime and hit the sack a little earlier than normal.
Christmas morning we woke up and went over to Halsy's sister's house for presents around 10. It was a house full of family! Brothers, Sisters, Moms, Dads, Cousins, Nieces, Nephews! LOVED IT! We opened our presents and laughed a lot! Cameron loved his present - bugs and a book about bugs. Halsy got me a pre-natal massage! YAY and I got Halsymoney to go shopping for new shoes and a gift card to Chipotle so he can go- since I never want to go there and he does. His family has a few fun traditions, we do a name draw for all the brothers and sisters, but we also do a white elephant exchange. So we always get a good present, but then a pretty crappy one. I think this year the favorites were; pregnancy tests, Tai Bo VHS tapes, pancake mix, etc. We all get a good laugh out of it!
We ate through the entire day and played lots of games, especially when the kids were napping. We had Prime rib for dinner with baked potatos, veggies, and homemade rolls YUMMY!
Cameron had so much fun with his cousins, he would just disappear for periods of time playing downstairs! It was nice for me not to be his only source of entertainment. We headed back to his parent's house around 9pm for bedtime. Cameron was so tired! We hit the sack immediately. We woke up the next morning at 10am! I couldn't believe it, let alone I sleep that late, but Cameron has never slept that late. We had our breakfast and headed home to Portland with a little tear becasue we already missed everyone.
When we got home everyone attacked Cameron because they missed him so much. We opened presents with my family becasue we did a gift exchange too! We were spoiled rotten, especially me! We got lots of beautiful little girl things for Miss Carter, Cameron got really fun toys and books, Halsy got new socks and a sweatshirt, and I got a brand new Glider chair for my house upstairs!! I was so happy I cried, I really wanted one but knew it probably wouldn't happen. I found out after that Halsy gave up his Christmas gift so that I could have the chair! what a love! I was so thankful! I also got a cute hat, headband, sweater, and movie tickets!

All-in-all, a wonderful Christmas! Can't wait for New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment