Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Katey Jane Pregnancy

I thought I should jot down some of my thought about this pregnancy before it is over!

     With little miss we didn't even find out I was pregnant until the first trimester was almost over (mid september), so I wasn't really sick so long or so horribly. I thought I was pregnant because I started to forget things (lost my wedding ring, lost my cell phone, lost my purse....) When I start to loose things or forget my family knows there is something up! I took 7 pregnancy tests in the 2 weeks after my forgetfulness because I was CERTAIN that I was pregnant and got 7 "no's". So I concluded that is was just weird hormones and moved on. 2 1/2 months later I took a test again because I wasn't feeling so well and got a "YES". I started crying because I didn't know what to do. This wasn't a planned pregnancy. I waited 3 or 4 days to tell Halsy.....we are never alone together anymore and it wasn't exactly a celebratory event - so I didn't want to give him a present or something silly. Anyways - told him and he was as shocked as I was. But he said "Sweetheart, we'll be okay, here we go!". I love him for that, I was so worried, but because he was such a good faker, it made me feel better :)

     I didn't have any major cravings until the 3 month and it was all about the PIZZA. I couldn't get enough....I think there was a week where I ate it every day for lunch and dinner. Little Caesars loved us! I once ate one entire pizza all by myself! That feat had never been attempted before and I don't think I could do it again.....but at the time it was the only thing that could help me feel better. I was sad because Coke tasted yucky to me for a month or so, and if you know me I LOVE coke. It was so sad and I couldn't even look at it as a positive because I was too depressed about not getting to drink my favorite treat anymore. I tried it every week hoping it would taste good again.....and sure enough, one day it did!! I was so happy! That is when I knew my 1st Trimester was over.
    
My body really likes to be pregnant, I feel great (after the 1st trimester) and I love how I look! I love wearing Maternity Clothes and being asked "How far along are you?". I love that I don't have to suck my stomach in for 9 months!! I love that I don't have a period for 9 months too!! I am now in the 8th month and starting to feel HUGE! I am definately carrying more forward this pregnancy and I feel like she is much bigger than Cameron was. I feel her moving all the time and it feels like she is taking up all the room possible in there :) We still have 6 weeks of growing to do - I hope I make it!!
    
It has become difficult to bend over to pick things up and getting up and down from the floor is entertaining. I am very excited to still be pregnant thought, she is much easier to take care of in there. My back is starting to get sore and I need to sit down more often now. My plan is to do a normal birth with an epidural. I was enduced with Cameron and needed an emergency C-Section and I really want to try a different way of birthing if possible. Hopefully Katey Jane won't be an acrobat like Cam was and get tangled in the umbelical cord!

34 weeks pregnant - Holy Moly here it comes......dun Dun DUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment