Our Family 2019

Our Family 2019
Halsy, Brooke, Cameron, Katey Jane, Landon, and Claire

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Shut out the world......ever tried it?

Yesterday I needed silence. But, alas, it was not in the cards. I was tired, emotional, cranky, achy, and did I mention CRANKY! My patience was already wearing thin at 7am and I knew the kind of day I was in for. Luckily I got to go to work and have a break from kids. It felt like everyone (Cameron and Jackson specifically), not just, me was having an emotional day. My house was a mess, I was down to zero laundry, Cameron was throwing a fit because I told him he couldn't have a bottle, and Jackson was angry about what movie I had turned on!! I left all noise and shut myself in the bedroom before my thoughts about what I wanted to do to my children became reality. It shut out just enough of the noise that I could get my head back....Cameron finally stopped crying and there was silence. I peeked out the door and sure enough they were locked into the TV. I changed my clothes into comfy sweats, made the bed and lounged with my book for 30 minutes while the boys quietly watched a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh..........I was a much nicer and patient mommy after that! Laundry got done, house got tidied, and the boys were able to enjoy me again too!

No comments:

Post a Comment